In medieval culture, an event like a royal christening is not a private party; it’s the public social event of the year. To not invite any person of rank to such an event is a deadly insult.
Maleficent is certainly someone you wouldn’t want at a party, but she’s also someone powerful enough that only a fool would ever dare treat her with such blatant disrespect. The only way the King and Queen could possibly have gotten away with not inviting Maleficent was to not invite any of the fairies at all; inviting the other fairies and excluding her is explicitly taking sides in the conflict between the fairy factions.
Which means they made themselves her sworn enemies, and she responded by treating them as such from then on. If you actually get into analyzing the social dynamics of the scene, it’s very clear that Maleficent was willing to show mercy at first by giving the King and Queen a chance to apologize for their disrespect to her. She doesn’t curse Aurora until after she gives them that chance and they throw it back in her face with further disrespect.
And yeah, if the King and Queen had done the properly respectful thing and invited her, Maleficent would have given Aurora a scary awesome present. Moreover so would the other fairies, because at that point both sides would be using it as an opportunity to show off and one-up each other. What they gave her before Maleficent showed up was basically just trivial party favors by fairy standards.
How do you know so much about the social dynamics of medieval fairies
Love Yourself ANGLO: With your help, a new community center will rise ~ Love Yourself | HIV Testing, Education, and Prevention, and much more
I know I don’t have the huge following that others have but I still believe this is worth a shot.
Here be bullets as copied in links below:
- New incidents of HIV infections across 25 low- and middle-income countries dropped by more than 50% in a decade (2001 to 2011),(link)
- However the Philippines is going contrary to this trend as more than 1,000 cases of HIV or AIDS in the Philippines was reported within the first quarter of 2013. (link)
- The DOH noted that 85% of the cases in this new report came from male-to-male sex (MSM), a rise from the 82% reported in May.
- Love Yourself Inc. (for the Youth & LGBT-MSM) is a non-stock, non-profit SEC organization that has been helping educate local LGBT on safer sex and regular testing. (link)
- They need help expanding their reach as they only have limited facilities compared to the increase in the people they service. (link)
- They have a target of USD 35,000 to set up a new LGBT focused community center in a more accessible area of Metro Manila
- If you want to help them reach that goal, then please refer to this Donation Link
That was such a cop out fairy tail. -_-
I loved that character
Typical weekend. Wish I had enough pillows to make a fort tho
Are we just going to ignore Tom Hardy’s selfies? - Are you fucking kidding me Edward Thomas Hardy?
THE LAST ONE THOUGH
I need this on my blog. Woof!
That Oprah Winfrey gif describes my current feelings perfectly.
Tom hardy has to be a bottom. Look at the bottom pic.
This is an example of supercooling – the process by which a very pure liquid is chilled to a temperature just below its usual freezing point without actually making the jump to its solid state. Bottled water is perfect for this, especially the kind that’s been purified via reverse osmosis, a process that strips water of all its particulates. This particulates can act as “seed crystals,” or “nuclei,” to which a liquid phase on the cusp of becoming solid can attach, and crystalize around. In this video, a seed crystal is introduced in the form of a cube of already-frozen water. As soon as it’s introduced, the liquid phase rapidly crystallizes and attaches to the solid one, kicking off a chain reaction of ice-formation.
Water that freezes as it’s being poured out of the bottle also solidifies upon exposure to a seed crystal, which, in this case, is an already-frozen surface. This is similar to the effect observed when freezing rain, supercooled by its flightpath through sub-freezing layers of atmosphere, comes into contact with an object cooled to a temperature below freezing. The result is a phenomenon known as glaze-ice, which – if you live somewhere cold – you may have seen before, coating the spindly extremities of tree branches.
Swan art in hotel.
here’s a list of what i’d like to do with you:
- go on walks while holding hands
- have cute little dates
- have movie nights
- take adorable pictures
- go new places
- try new things
- fall in love
brutally fuck you
- look at the stars
- do everything i was ever scared to do alone.
Enrolled in a new edx course ^_^
Harvard naman try natin. haha.
Here’s a course list: